- 1 3/4 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 large (14 oz each zucchini, cut lengthwise into 12 (1/4-inch thick) slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 ounces cooked shredded chicken breast (from rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise, into 1/4-inch thick slices until you have a total of 12 slices about the same size. It’s easiest to do this with a mandolin.
- Season both sides of the zucchini with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, then grill on a grill pan over high heat to help dry out the zucchini, until pliable and grill marks form, but not fully cooked, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic on low until soft, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread 3 tablespoons chicken on each slice zucchini. Roll up slices and arrange them each seam side down in the prepared dish.
- Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and Mexican cheese blend and tightly cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and melted.
- Drizzle with sour cream, if desired and garnish with cilantro
PREP TIME:5 mins COOK TIME:40 mins TOTAL TIME:35 mins