- 1 cup arrowroot
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (breast, thighs or combo, cubed into approximately 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 10-15 dashes fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- zest and juice of 2 navel oranges
- cauliflower rice or vegetable noodles like zoodles, to serve
- chopped scallion and sesame seeds, to garnish, optional
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the arrowroot, ground ginger, granulated garlic, ground cinnamon, and salt. Add the chunks of chicken, coating each piece thoroughly with the arrowroot mixture. Hands (or tongs) are the best tools for this job.
Heat the 1/2 cup of coconut oil on sauté mode of the InstaPot for a few minutes. Carefully add the chicken to the hot oil, being sure to shake off excess arrowroot mixture beforehand. Stir every few minutes, allowing the chicken to brown upon contact with bottom of Instant Pot.
Once most of the chicken pieces are browned, add the sauce, orange zest and juice; stir to combine.
Cover and switch Instant Pot to high pressure mode for 10 minutes. Make sure vent is closed.
Once cycle is complete, quick release the pressure valve.
Serve chicken immediately with cauliflower rice or vegetable noodles. Garnish with chopped scallion and sesame seeds if you’d like.